Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We wish we were home to celebrate with you all, but we hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving! When we stop to think about our lives, we realize how much we have to be thankful for! Anthony and I have talked lately about how lucky we are to have each other and our family and our friends! God has blessed us more than we deserve and we are so grateful!

We both have to work Thursday and Friday (since they obviously don't have Thanksgiving here) so we're going to do a small Thanksgiving dinner together on Saturday. We lucked out and found a frozen turkey, a box of stuffing (although it looks a little questionable), and sweet potatoes. The only thing they don't have here is canned pumpkin. Thanksgiving just isn't the same without pumpkin pie! When I asked some co-workers about it, they said, "Couldn't you just use 'real' pumpkin?". Ha! I guess I could, but I don't really want to, so we're going to have to settle for apple pie (my Aunt Sandy's amazing recipe!). Apple pie is Anthony's absolute favorite anyway, so he's okay with that :)

My cousin, Ronda, posted this verse on her blog. I'm going to copy her because it's one of my favorites and a great one for this time of the year:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God, and the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7



2 comments:

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kris, ahhh American Thanksgiving, has such fond memories for me:) Sometime down the road Jeff and I will have to plan to come around Thanksgiving, that would be really awesome!
love you lots, miss you!
Still waiting for some Christmas ideas:)

Greg and Kristi said...

Kristi and Anthony

We are looking forward to seeing you guys when you get home. Thanks for the pics of Sydney I've always wanted to go there. We are planning on bringing the motorhome up for Saturday and we'll probably stay for Sunday after the wedding. Hopefully I have my days right.