Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Anthony!

Anthony turned 25 on Tuesday! Since we both had to work, we just celebrated at home that evening. I made him one of his favorite dishes for dinner...spaghetti pie. For those of you who have never tried it, you're missing out! :) It's an italian recipe I got from my mom-in-law and it's to die for! We found a good Shiraz that complimented the dish and made for a great dinner.

Then, for dessert, I tried something new. I made a cake from scratch...no box involved! It was a Sour-Cream Chocolate Cake from the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. I was a bit nervous since I've never attempted one before, but it turned out really well! I would definitely make it again! It was so moist and fluffy and really good! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANTHONY!!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Jeff and Kim said...

Happy birthday Anthony!!!

I'm impressed with the cake! Unfortunately, my cookbooks are still in the States and we don't even own any measuring utensils!! HA! Wouldn't that make for an interesting cake experience?!

We pray you are well! It's great to hear from you! We were starting to think you got carried off by a kangaroo!

Love you! :)