Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Little Craziness

Tuesday started like any other day... I went to work as usual, but on my home way home I nearly missed the bus. Since I worked late, I didn't know how long I would have to wait for the next one so I ran after it. The bus driver was a little annoyed, but he let me on. I took out my wallet with my bus pass in it and punched the card. I took a seat and settled in for the ride home.

I stopped by Coles (the closest grocery store to our apartment) for a few items I needed for dinner. As I was checking out, I reached in my purse for my wallet only to discover it was missing. I didn't panic at first because I figured I just stuck it in a different section of my purse since I was a little frazzled on the bus earlier. But I couldn't find it anywhere. I dug through my whole purse while the check-out lady was staring at me like I was an idiot.

I immediately called Anthony (slightly freaking out) while I turned my purse and my bag inside out with no luck. I re-traced my steps to the bus stop and all over the grocery store looking for my little black wallet with no success. Luckily, I did find about six $2 coins in the bottom of my purse (I love those coins!) and was able to pay for my groceries.

I called the number on the bus stop only to get an answering machine telling me the hours were 9-5, Mon-Fri. So, I walked home, stressing all the way. When I got home, I figured out that my wallet contained the following: my CA driver's license, my debit card for our bank here, my debit card for our account at home, my social security card (don't ask me why I carry it around with me - that will change!), my monthly bus pass that I just bought a few days earlier, and my blockbuster card. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well that night.

At exactly 9am the next day, I called the bus company. The lady who answered knew right away what I was talking about, and I can't tell you how relieved I was to find out they had my wallet in their safe!!

The lady gave me the directions to their office and said it was about 10 minutes from the City. I figured it wouldn't be a problem to go on my 1/2 hour lunch break. I left at noon and caught the tram outside my office. 40 minutes later, I ended up at the bus depot! I waited at least 5 minutes before a stout woman came up to the window to help me. I explained my situation and she left for 15 minutes before coming back with my wallet. I'm not sure what took her so long, but I was just glad to have my wallet back! Meanwhile, my lunch break turned into 1 hour and 40 minutes.

After a couple of crazy days, everything turned out fine. My wallet was just as I left it. God is so good! He watches over even the smallest details of our lives!

"Cast all your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you" Psalm 55:22

3 comments:

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Oh my gosh Kris, that would have totally freaked me out and probably had me in buckets of tears. So so so glad it all worked out, dispite the hassle.
Missing you guys lots, hoping I can call you this weekend, I was all stoked last weekend and had the phone in my hand, checked your blog and discovered you were gone for the weekend:( Actually now that I think about it, maybe your in Syndey this weekend as well....oh well we will talk soon
miss you lots love you

Jeff and Kim said...

WOWZER!! I agree with the other comment...I would have been crying buckets!! I'm impressed that you still had your wits about you to buy your groceries. I would have ditched that plan altogether. Well done!!

The Lord is so mighty indeed! How was your weekend away??

Ronda said...

Wow! That WAS a crazy day! I am glad that you survived and got your wallet back, too! Hope that you all are doing great! Love ya!