Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Albert Park

The other day we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and walk to nearby Albert Park. The park is huge (560 acres), which is especially impressive considering it is only about 1.5 miles from downtown Melbourne. The park also has a large lake in the middle. In fact, there are several sailing clubs located at the park and the lake is used for sailing competitions. The day was really nice and there were a bunch of sail boats out on the water.

The roads in and around Albert Park are also where the Australian Formula One Grand Prix is held every March. The Australians follow Formula One pretty closely, and I guess this is a pretty exciting event.

Here are a few pictures from our picnic:

4 comments:

Jeff and Kim said...

Okay, really?? Here are the three things I have to say:
A) You are wearing a tank top.
B) You aren't wearing any shoes!
C) I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, only 8 days til you go home for Christmas! How cool is that??? Okay, that might be even MORE exciting than tank tops and bare feet!! (Try that in Ireland and you just might freeze to death, by the way!). If we don't talk soon, may traveling mercies abound.

We love you!
Kim and crew

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Oh my gosh I too am sooooo jealous of the bathing suit and I think about you everytime I don on my boots, mitts, toque, 17 layers of clothes:)
Miss you girl, I am so excited you get to go home soon!

Jeni said...

I'm so jealous!! You get to work on your tan!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

Love ya,

Jeni

PS LOVE the sun glasses :o)

Jessica said...

Another fun outing! I have such great memories of the times when it was just Jason and me and we'd go on all sorts of adventures (nowadays it requires quite a bit more planning - and packing!).