Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another update on South Australia

So I got yet another ticket in the mail from that speed camera in the Barossa valley. This one is $310 for going 9mph over the limit. Seems a bit pricey, huh? That’s because Australian’s are scared of cars. Especially ones that are travelling faster than a bicycle. It’s particularly difficult for me to adjust to, coming from California.

But I may be in luck. One of my options on the back of the ticket is to apply for a “review”, which is an option if you think the offence was “trifling.” I’m not sure exactly what trifling means, but this sounds like a classic case to me. (Certainly my first ticket for going only 5mph over was trifling, right?).

I’m sort of kidding of course. I usually don’t like it when people complain about getting tickets, so I probably will just pay the things and move on. But I will still make my case to Australians that going faster than 48mph on the freeway really is not dangerous.

0 comments: