Monday, July 21, 2008

New Look and An Update

So, I thought it was time for a new look for our blog. It was harder than I thought, but I finally decided on this one.


Sorry it's been awhile since we've updated our blog. Anthony's been working a lot, so we've spent the last two weekends home, relaxing. It's been really cold here, so it's been nice to stay inside. We did venture out to IKEA on Saturday and got the last few things we needed for our apartment. It's almost all done. Hopefully we'll get some pictures up soon for you. I know you've all been waiting to see our place! It's finally beginning to feel like "home".


Anthony had to go to Tasmania this week for work, so I'm home alone. Not my most favorite thing, but I've made some great friends that I'll hang out with this week to make the time pass more quickly :) I still don't have a job, but I've been looking at other options, besides property management. I've enjoyed my time off, but I'm ready to go back to work. Please pray that God would lead me to the right job. Also, Anthony's been a little stressed out with work lately, so please pray for him too - it's such a busy time for him!


At our small group, I met a girl that I have so much in common with, including our name. Christie and her husband, Jahmal, are here from Texas on a working contract too, but they have already been here for over a year, and are leaving in August. Christie has been showing me around the City - she's taken me to the best chocolate places, the best discount shopping, and some amazing little cafe's. What more could you ask for?! :) I just wish they were staying longer - I'm going to miss her!

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Looks like you all celebrated "in style"! What a neat place to eat! I am glad that you have met a soulmate/friend! Sounds like you are having fun together! BTW....I love the new look! Very nice! Love, Ronda

Nat said...

Hi Kristi!

I'm glad you are making friends so easily. It took me about 3 months to make friends in South Africa. I'm thinking about you guys a lot. I'll keep praying about the job. Love you guys!

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Love the new template, really cute! I have been praying about the making friends, sounds like you guys are off to a good start. So thankful for that!
miss you!

Greg and Kristi said...

The new look is a little girly don't you think? Well I guess that is okay, if your into that kind of thing. Hope winter is being okay to you all down under. We met some Aussie's on your trip to London, they seemed pretty nice and travel alot. Tell Anthony not to stress about work, it will always be there. Enjoy your time I wouldn't mind being there for a few months.

Anonymous said...

aww! it's us!! i miiiisssss yoooouuuuuu!!!
keepin you both in our prayers. love you guys!